So my suggestion for today’s Friday Five is to write about 5 words you really like. Please explain why you have chosen each word, in such ways as:
It is a
* description or attribute of yourself
* activity you enjoy
* word that is spelled or pronounced in an interesting way
* passion of yours
* word that brings you hope, peace, or comfort
* word you like to repeat or sing
AUGH! How perfect a Friday Five can this be??
1. Consider…it combines contemplation with entertaining the unseen possibility of with thinking with imagination and mulling and seeing “mas allá”–beyond what is immediate. Love this approach to encountering life.
2. Glory … Oh, how I love this word. It is a word of Light, Hope, Wonder, Fullness, Promise, Wholeness…this word absolutely Lives for me. It has dimension, color, activity…
3. Shalom… the multiple layers and all encompassing blessing and wish for well being…it has a grounded depth that I find strengthening to both offer and receive.
4. seriosity…to stand for all of those coined words that aren’t really words but should be. This was my contribution from when I was a young child. I was trying to explain something to members of my family and they were not taking me seriously so …in my frustration I said “No, in all…seriosity…” and whatever the point was I was making.
5. Antofagasta…the name of a city in northern Chile. I was (okay, AM) so enamored of the way this sounds when I say it…I have no idea why, really. Except, it has hints of a wondrous place that I used to tell myself stories about as a young child…it was a magical place where all sorts of things would happen…and I had NO idea it was a real place until years later… Guatemala. I suppose it was the most exotic sounding place I’d ever heard at the time…couldn’t have been more than six or seven.