List Five things you won’t be doing to prepare for Christmas.
1. The tin soldiers will remain unpolished
2. The goose is on a diet, but I promise to still put a peso in the old man´s hat.
3. The one horse open sleigh ride is just going to have to wait. Sand in the runners, salt water in the horse´s eyes… not a good scene.
4. The open fires I have seen lately are rubber tires burning, so I´m thinking chestnuts are not an option either.
5. No muzak renditions of wilting holiday wishes here!
Five things I WILL do… (I know, not part of the play, but in the interest of balance…
1. Continue the series of Advent poems I have composed now for ten years.
2. Participate in Navidad en las Calles–Christmas in the Streets…celebrating the holiday with homeless people in Viña del Mar.
3. Light a candle for all those I love and miss…
4. Read the Midnight Mass Isaiah reading (9:1-6) and likely weep. I LOVE that reading.
5. Give thanks for Mystery in the Midst.
2 Comments Add yours
Love both your won'ts and your wills!
Amen to that last one.