My First Friday Five From Far Away From Where I Was Before! Which is to say, I was in NYC and am now in Chile.
RevGals say…Let’s talk about music. Share with us five pieces of music that draw you closer to the Divine, that elevate your mood or take you to your happy place. They might be sung or instrumental, ancient or modern, sacred or popular…whatever touches you.
1. The song raised by a chorus of mockingbirds doing their thing in morning fog while walking to work in southern Louisiana.
2. Mystery by Paul Winter Oh Mystery, you are alive!
3. Salve Regina… oh, this is like rocking me to sleep…I love the waves of it, the up and down fullness that spreads from it…the sort of sound that makes candle flame lengthen and the night deepen down.
4. Gabriel´s Oboe from the movie The Mission. If I was a kite, this music would be my wind.
5. The song Que No Se Ve by Teresa Parodi, an Argentinian folk singer… The song talks about living what you do not see….and the sustenance offered by what is not seen.
5 Comments Add yours
I love your play, especially given that it's from far away and I don't know any of the music (although I play and organ setting of Salve Regina by Hermann Schroeder). thanks so much!
Thanks for this, I'd love to hear those mockingbirds!
Such rich selections…the oboe from the Mission…oh my…yes.
Thank you for the visits, each of you. Peace, good music, and a smile.
Your answers feel like music! I would love to hear the mockingbirds, especially.