Friday five from the Rev Gal Pals!
1) Do you have a food processor? Can you recommend it? Which is to say, do you actually use it?
Have access to one–but prefer chopping by hand. There is something satisfying about wielding a knife and watching the pile of ingredients mound…. there’s also the sensory experience–the feel of the knife slicing, the sound, the juices, scents, and textures all immediately at hand.
2) And if so, do you use the fancy things on it? (Mine came with a mini-blender (used a lot and long ago broken) and these scary disks you used to julienne things (used once).)
3) Do you use a standing mixer? Or one of the hand-held varieties?
Hand mixer when necessary–stiff arm and a good spoon otherwise. I do admit to coveting my Grandmother’s vintage KitchenAide, though.
4) How about a blender? Do you have one? Use it much?
Now we’re talking! Love the blender–especially when it comes to soup. Nothing better for mixing-ing/smoothing into creamy goodness. The first time I used our new one, though, whoa! Everything and every one within a block’s radius (give or take) was baptized. Tomato soup every which way. Let’s just say a new motor is far, far more potent than one, say, twenty years old.
5) Finally, what old-fashioned, non-electric kitchen tool do you enjoy using the most?
We have a fabulous wooden… implement. I think it must have been a spoon at one point, but the round edges have flattened some and it is now more of a gentle triangle on a handle. Terribly practical for picking things up and flipping, scooping and scraping. And, nothing, nothing, nothing, beats a good sharp chef knife, a heavy bottom dutch oven, and a cast iron skillet.
One Comment Add yours
thanks for playing, I admire your hand strength!